Sunday, March 11, 2012



ANOTHER THING I LOVE IS.....

I loooooooove Ebay. In my peruse on ebay, I can surf for hours, completely forgetting what time it is, just to find that specific item I have in mind.So actually Im an official virtual auction bidder, seller and buyer. I have this ‘budget’ when I’m on ebay as a buyer. It started for me when I didn’t have a lot of money anymore and still would like to purchase some designerclothing. It feels so much better, when you have hardly paid for it. So I set my budget on 75,- U.S dollars. Which meant absolutely nothing, (felt like $ 0,-) at that time. It's never a problem to spend your money, if you have lots to spend. More creative and more nerve-wrecking it will be when you have a super low budget. I still have a discerning eye to add more clothes to my impeccable wardrobe, reflected in my personal style and creative intuition. All revealed in off season, vintage or new collection clothing, shoes and accessories.

When I'm in my hunting for vintage designer clothing-, shoes, accessories etc. There are always some images running in the back of my head, a specific item I still like to gain, any item of a specific runway collection/fashion designer. For example Dries van Noten S/S09 Martin Margiela collections F/W05 and S/S06. It is subjective, I add my own personal value to a specific runway show collection. Those are for me MUST haves pieces. Positive element to restrict yourself to this rule, you won't get lost in this big jungle of online clothing offers. Provides you to eliminate all the extra choices, decisions, which has been distracting you from the beginning  More then once, I have set the alarm so I could bid on an auction. Still half sleeping but in ready for the online auction. You really have to be alert at 3.15hrs A.M to hit the button just in time.....


I have scored soooo many good items, new items for 90% sale, sort of saying. New Balenciaga fluorescent heel-pump with the right heel height. I was hunting for it for more then 2 years. Finally got it for less then 35 dollars including shipping costs. My truly best bargain when it comes to retail price / auction price is this exquisite handbeaded silver sequins and beads runway gown of Carmen Marc Valvo. I can hardly move in this dress, and had to hold something steady not to loose balance, it weighs more then myself. It’s so heavy but you can deal with it because of it's stunningly beautiful trail....(right) Original retailprice 5.820 US dollars……



It all started with my first silk scarf by Elsa Schiaparelli. My first won item on an auction of Ebay. Then a slipdress and later some nylon stockings. 
And still some jewellery of Elsa Schiaparelli is on my wishlist.....









Elsa Schiaparelli, the renowned fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli (creator of the shocking pink color). Was one of the most important fashion designers of the 20s and `30s after Coco Chanel. A surrealist artist in the world of Haute Couture. she once had a partnership with the artist Salvador Dalí. She opened her first store, "Stupidir le Sport", in 1927, and as the name says, specializes in sporting goods. In 1931 she shocked the tennis world with her design for a tennis skirt for star player Lili de Alvarez, when the skirt she wore at Wimbledon.





In 1935 Schiaparelli moved to a salon overlooking the Place Vendôme in Paris. In World War II her popularity declined and were young designers like Christian Dior and more popular. Her fashion house was declared bankrupt in 1954 when they moved to the United States Of all the designers, she was closest to the Surrealists. She translated surrealist dream in fashion. Her clothes were in a portable form of art.
Elsa schiaparelli silk scarf, 1st won item on ebay




























Elsa schiaparelli silk scarf, 1st won item on ebay
















OTHER GREAT ITEMS THAT I HAVE WON ON EBAY INCLUDE:
Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Balenciaga, Balmain, Prada. Olympia, Or another one of my favorite items also another of my favorite designer, namely: Olivier Theyskens. In the autumn of 1997 Theyskens presented at the Paris fashion show calendar. His first full collection, which wasn't taken into sale. The show was marked by the macabre, gothic style, the stage was adorned with skulls, stuffed birds, Victorian hoop dresses, corsets and bodysuits with bloodstreams. The show was definitely Soo Mi. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the TAXIDERMIC ORANGE CANARY on top of the heel-pumps. I still would like to have them. Better to say try to find them first and then become obsessive in wanting to have them.... ANYONE who can offer a pair of these shoes in size 37.5?? Or send me a post

Instead of the shoes I have won a pullover of this collection. 

Then a matching skirt and my last won items of Olivier Theyskens was a long cotton black dress

No comments:

Post a Comment